Registered Practical Nurse, Urgent Care Centre
- 1 position
Urgent Care Centre
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
The Urgent Care Centre at St Joseph's Hospital is a fast paced, rapidly changing environment that serves people who experience urgent healthcare concerns. The application of the 3 factor framework, the nursing process and collaboration with the healthcare team continue to be the primary responsibility of nurses in the Urgent Care Centre to ensure the care needs of the patient are met.
It is understood that the hours of work reflect the current scheduling arrangements of rotating through day and evening shifts and is subject to change as determined by the Employer.
- Valid registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Proficiency and experience in pharmacology and medication administration
- Valid CPR certificate
- Successful completion of a nursing competency test
- Mandatory 12 hours shadow day in Urgent Care Centre
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to independently perform the role of the nurse with patients in a rapid, fast paced multidisciplinary clinical setting
- Demonstrated competence in wound care
- Demonstrated competence in assessment, diagnosis, intervention, evaluation, health teaching and discharge planning for patients with a well-defined plan of care.
- Knowledge of community resources
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- One-year recent experience in the last five years in an ambulatory or surgical outpatient setting
- Demonstrated competence in venipuncture
- St Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: January 24, 2023
Submission deadline: January 30, 2023
Michelle Robertson, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.