Registered Practical Nurse, Mount Hope - 4th Floor Marian Villa
- 1 position
Mount Hope - 4th Floor Marian Villa
Mount Hope Centre for Long Term Care - London, ON
Temporary Full Time
This is a temporary full time assignment anticipated to extend until January 31, 2024, subject to availability of work.
It is understood that the hours of work reflect the current scheduling arrangements and are subject to change as determined by the Employer.
- Current certificate of registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Minimum of two years recent experience in the care of the elderly and/or younger physically challenged adults
- Valid CPR certificate
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Proficiency and experience in pharmacology and medication administration
- Recent experience with catheter injections, irrigations, sub q and IM injections, and G-tube care maintenance
- Understanding of and recent and relevant experience in use of asepsis
- Demonstrated effective communication, interpersonal, organization, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- A police record check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received three doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: January 23, 2023
Submission deadline: January 29, 2023
Christine Davison, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.