Posting # 50030 - [ Non-Union ]
Marketing and Communications Officer, Foundation
- 1 position
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
At no other time in history has health care mattered more to Canadians. At St. Joseph’s Health Care London, we have a proud legacy of care across a wide variety of medical disciplines serving all ages and stages of life.
Supporting St. Joseph’s mission, the Foundation raises philanthropic funds to advance the very best in care, teaching and research. With a strong focus on performance and best practice, and guided by a skilled Board and leadership team, St. Joseph’s offers a positive, collaborative team environment and a competitive compensation program. The Foundation is seeking a Marketing and Communications Officer to help articulate the many reasons why St. Joseph’s is a worthy place of philanthropic support.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing and Communications, the Marketing and Communications Officer has primary responsibility for creating, developing and writing engaging stories and content that effectively reach key stakeholders and target audiences. The Marketing and Communications Officer is also responsible for brand communications and marketing including articulating the Foundation’s mission through various means, including speech-writing and event communications as well as media releases.
As part of the Marketing and Communications team, the Marketing and Communications Officer is a highly motivated, organized and detail-oriented individual, who is able to work independently to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities with tight timelines. The Marketing and Communications Officer will measure performance, monitor progress, and recommend and implement strategies that builds brand awareness, engages donors and prospective donors, and strengthens relationships that help advance philanthropic support for St. Joseph’s innovative care and research programs.
Essential Qualifications and Skills
- Post-secondary degree in a related discipline such as Communications, Marketing, English, Journalism or Public Relations
- Minimum 3-5 years of related work experience
- Previous experience writing for non-profits an asset
- Ability to communicate messages in a professional and engaging manner designed to generate support in a target audience
- Superior communications skills, especially written; a portfolio of prior work required
- Respect for the role of volunteers in the work of the Foundation
- Ability to apply critical conversations skills within the work environment
- Exceptional organizational abilities and time management skills; ability to meet deadlines, multitask and prioritize
- Experience in developing, implementing and evaluating communication plans and materials
- Excellent computer skills and excellent knowledge of MS Office programs and desktop publishing programs (an asset), such as Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- Demonstrated experience in website management (including adding content, updates, linkage etc.), an asset
- Social Media experience, an asset
- A commitment to working cooperatively in a team environment with staff, board of directors, volunteers and public; participating in regular meetings.
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to COVID management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: January 14, 2023
Submission deadline: January 27, 2023
Jennifer Pasichnyk, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.