Posting # 49955 - [ UNIFOR ]
Carpenter, Facilities Engineering
- 1 position
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
Reporting to the Coordinator of Facilities Engineering, the Carpenter is accountable for the structural and architectural buildings systems, including millwork installation, installation of modular furniture, hardware, lock keying, glazing, floor surfaces, steel and wood framing, interior and exterior finishes, taping and mudding, installs doors, windows, builds stairs, lay flooring, erects scaffolding, installs suspended ceilings, constructs concrete, builds framework and other duties as required. Duties will also include providing estimates of labour and materials content for minor projects and renovations. The incumbent will work collaboratively with other trade groups and disciplines in completing work requests.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma, or recognized equivalent by the Province of Ontario
- Current Provincial Certificate of Qualification as a Carpenter
- Minimum of five (5) years recent, related experience as a licensed Carpenter, preferably within an institutional environment
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Demonstrated ability to perform physically demanding work
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate effectively in English
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with coordinators, contractors and agency representatives to achieve departmental objectives
- Demonstrated ability to function in a team environment as well as independently with minimal direct supervision
- Self-starter, conscientious, motivated with a willingness to learn, and take on additional responsibilities
- Customer focused with service oriented attitude
- Demonstrated record of excellent work performance and technical competence
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to patient and staff safety
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St Josephs you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received three doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: March 03, 2023
Submission deadline: March 16, 2023
Andrew Harriman-Duke, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.