Unit Secretary, Treatment & Rehab Program - H3
- 1 position
Treatment & Rehab Program - H3
Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care - London, ON
Regular Part Time
To perform a variety of clerical reception and scheduling services in the day to day administration of ward/team activities. This role will primarily provide support for staffing and payroll. Additional duties include: providing receptionist duties, including screening telephone calls, visitors, etc. answering routine inquiries, initiating staffing calls when required; making appointments for clients for tests/consultations; sorting and distributing mail; checking and ordering supplies; completing staff information, ie. assisting clients with Pin Money; maintaining clients' files and clinical record forms; maintaining filing system for relevant areas of responsibility; keyboarding letters, memoranda, arranging teleconference and TEAMS Meetings and completing conference notes, and data entry to care plans, etc. from handwritten or printed material.
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Completion of Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent as recognized by the Province of Ontario
- Graduate of a recognized medical secretarial or medical office assistant certificate program is required
- Demonstrated computer skills with Outlook and MS Office Suite, including an intermediate level of knowledge of Word and basic Excel
- Working knowledge of general office procedures and methods, computerized patient data base system (ADT System) used to retrieve patient information
- Record keeping and filing experience
- Working knowledge of the Mental Health Act
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to work accurately with figures and clerical details
- Ability to keyboard accurately to a minimum of 40 wpm
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset.
- Strong knowledge of psychiatric/medical terminology
- Previous experience using a computerized system eg. Workbrain
- Previous experience scheduling staff and working with payroll systems
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands
- Ability to work independently as well as a team
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- St Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St Josephs you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: January 19, 2023
Submission deadline: January 25, 2023
Michelle Robertson, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.