Posting # 49828 - [ OPSEU Paramed ]
Psychologist, Operational Stress Injury Clinic
- 1 position
Operational Stress Injury Clinic
Parkwood Institute Main - London, ON
Regular Part Time
The Operational Stress Injury [OSI] Clinic is part of a larger network of clinics across Canada and is designed to provide specialized mental health services to eligible Veterans, members of the Canadian Armed Forces, the RCMP, and their family members. St. Joseph's Operational Stress Injury Clinic is responsible for service provision across a geographic region including Southwestern Ontario, the Greater Toronto Area and portions of Central Ontario. St. Joseph's OSI Clinic currently has satellite clinics in Toronto and Hamilton with staff working from these sites. While the primary location for this position is at the Parkwood Main site in London, there may be travel to other OSI Clinic sites on occasion, related to training or orientation opportunities. St. Joseph's OSI Clinic has embraced virtual care opportunities as they provide services to patients from across Ontario. To best support staff, we have shifted to a hybrid work model in which staff have the opportunity to work both from home as well as their OSI clinic office. A laptop will be provided.
As a member of this interdisciplinary team, you will be required to apply advanced clinical knowledge in the areas of assessment and treatment of mental, emotional and behavioural disorders for those who are referred to the clinic as a result of traumatic stress injuries. Treatment may involve individual and group approaches. This role necessitates effective communication and collaboration with Veterans Affairs Canada, Department of National Defense, RCMP, family physicians, and other community partners such as Operational Stress Injury Social Support (OSISS) partners.
OSI Clinic welcomes candidates currently completing their internship year to apply and is amenable to considering future hire dates.
OSI clinic is able to provide primary and secondary supervision for successful candidates who are in the supervised practice phase of their registration with the College of Psychologists of Ontario.
- Valid registration as a Psychologist at the doctoral level with the College of Psychologists of Ontario with area of practice in clinical psychology for an adult client population.
- Demonstrated experience with and competence in Individual and/or Group Intervention
- Demonstrated experience working in a goal oriented, evidence based, and outcome-oriented practice
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively within an interdisciplinary team setting as well as with community partners. Demonstrated strength in written/verbal communication
- Familiarity with outcome measurement related to clinical practice, ability to measure and evaluate practice change outcomes
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
Teaching and Research
- Demonstrated experience in the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of adult mental health conditions, primarily PTSD, mood and anxiety disorders
- Demonstrated understanding of the effects of Military and RCMP work.
- Demonstrated awareness of best practices in Post traumatic Stress Disorders, and treatment of mood and anxiety disorders
- Demonstrated experience in working with related conditions (e.g. chronic pain, addictions)
- Demonstrated interest in research
- Knowledge of or experience in empirically supported therapies for Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, such as Prolonged Exposure Therapy or Cognitive Processing Therapy
- Demonstrated experience in administering a range of semi-structured diagnostic interviews for psychiatric disorders
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's, you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: January 30, 2023
Submission deadline: February 26, 2023
Stacy Kearns, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.