Posting # 49802 - [ Non-Union ]
Manager (Coordinator) , Health Information Management
- 1 position
Health Information Management
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
The Manager (Coordinator) of Health Information Management is an exciting leadership opportunity at St. Joseph's that is accountable for overseeing several teams within the Health Information Management (HIM) team across all of St. Joseph's sites.
As a highly motivated and engaging leader, the Coordinator will demonstrate effective communication, visionary leadership and exceptional people management skills complimented by strong problem solving and change management expertise.
The Coordinator of Health Information Management oversees the following teams and functions across all of St. Joseph's sites.
- Clinical Data Analysis
- Coding and Abstracting
- Release of Information
- Transcription Services
The Coordinator of HIM is accountable for the above functions, leading the teams and fostering effective working relationships both within HIM and across St. Joseph's. The Coordinator of HIM is responsible for ensuring appropriate processes are in place to safeguard and ensure the confidentiality of St. Joseph's patient information, maintaining legislative compliance to minimize organizational and professional risk and impact to our patients.
The Coordinator also serves as a member of several internal, citywide and regional committees. As St. Joseph's utilizes a shared instance of an electronic health record (EHR) with 10 other hospitals in our region, our efforts as a team always consider our peers across the region who share our EHR.
This influential leadership position reports directly to the Director of Health Information Management and works collaboratively with the Coordinator of Health Information Management who oversees Records Management, Management of Mental Health Act Forms and Consent and Capacity Board Hearings, Data Analysis and Clinical Auditing, Quality Assurance, and Inpatient Registration for Parkwood Institute Main Building and Mental Health Sites.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Health Information Management
- Certification with the Canadian College of Health Information Management (CCHIM) is required
- Active member of the Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA)
- Minimum two years' experience in leadership role in a health care environment
- Ability to manage competing demands and meet challenging timelines
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with internal teams, peers and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated shared leadership, team development, collaboration and facilitation skills coupled with superior interpersonal, relationship and communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving along with exceptional facilitation and coaching skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a wide range of professionals
- Ability to promote the values of shared leadership and interdisciplinary team collaboration
- Demonstrated knowledge of standards and legislation related to management in a healthcare organization
- Strong demonstrated knowledge and understanding of privacy and confidentiality within a health care environment
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ability and commitment to act as a supervisor under OHSA
- Solid knowledge and understanding of legislation related to Employment, People & Financial Management
- Advanced working knowledge and understanding of, Public Hospitals Act, Personal Health Information Protection Act, Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and CIHI Coding Guidelines
- In addition, the successful candidate will possess strong Leadership Capabilities including: Lead Self; Engage Others; Achieve Results; Develop Coalition; System Transformation
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French is considered an asset
- Experience working in a HIM team at an academic hospital and/or multi-site hospital
- Experience working with the 3M Coding and Abstracting software suite or other similar software suites
- Experience working with Cerner Millennium or other electronic health record systems and related applications including application instances that have transitioned or are in transition to an electronic health record
- Experience with the Mental Health Act, Health Care Consent Act, Substitute Decisions Act, Department of Veterans Affairs Act, Criminal Code Act, Long Term Care Homes Act, Ontario Ministry of Health funding models.
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's, you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: January 23, 2023
Submission deadline: February 05, 2023
Michelle Robertson, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.