Secretary, Operational Stress Injury Clinic
- 1 position
Operational Stress Injury Clinic
Operational Stress Injury Clinic - Toronto, ON
5000 Yonge Street
Suite 1401, Floor 14
Toronto, ON M2N 7E9
The Operational Stress Injury Clinic is part of a larger network of clinics across Canada and is designed to provide ambulatory services to veterans, members of the Canadian Forces and the RCMP experiencing psychological difficulties as a result of traumatic stress injuries. This position is located at the Toronto office however some limited travel to Parkwood Institute in London, ON may occasionally be required.
The Clinic Secretary supports the interdisciplinary team as well as facilitates services to clients. Key functions include client reception and scheduling; including Ontario Telehealth Network [OTN] appointments, file and health record management, data collection and entry, as well as frequent communication with Parkwood Institute clinic as well as referring agencies.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or recognized equivalent by the Province of Ontario
- Graduate of a recognized medical secretarial or medical office assistant certificate program
- Demonstrated computer skills with email software programs and the Internet as well as an intermediate level of knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge or experience in using virtual platforms such as MS Teams or Webex
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Accuracy in typing and transcription skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a sound client focus and ability to effectively manage challenging customer situations with compassion
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of privacy and confidentiality
- Excellent organizational, communication and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to establish and balance competing priorities in a challenging and changing work environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Minimum of 2 years recent and related experience in an ambulatory or clinic setting
- Previous experience working in an environment providing service to clients with mental health problems
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's, you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: January 18, 2023
Submission deadline: January 31, 2023
Stacy Kearns, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.