Team Assistant, Occupational Health & Safety
- 1 position
Occupational Health & Safety
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
Temporary Full Time
** Temporary position, anticipated to extend until August 31, 2023, subject to the availability of work.
A challenging opportunity exists for a highly motivated self-directed and innovative professional to provide support to Perimeter Screening and Surveillance Testing. The Team Assistant will be responsible for payroll, to support scheduling of the team, coordination of meetings and orientation sessions and associated documentation, and ordering of departmental and personal protective equipment (PPE) supplies. The Team Assistant is accountable for data entry functions, ensuring up-to-date and accurate record keeping. The Team Assistant is involved in creating processes to assist in office management and is considered an administrative resource person for team members. The Team Assistant is an administrative resource for the Screening and Rapid Testing Team, and interacts with all levels of staff as well as visitors and external customers of the team. The Team Assistant will also provide support to the Occupational Health and Infection Safety teams as appropriate.
- Demonstrated competency and proficiency with Workbrain or other payroll system
- Knowledge of scheduling processes
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Graduate of a post-secondary education Diploma program in office administration
- High developed communication and organizational skills
- Strong customer focus with excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi task, busy environment
- Demonstrated intermediate computer skills: MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel and Groupwise
- Demonstrated ability to be detail oriented and maintain a high level of accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to coach others related to computer applications and document preparation
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team as well as independently
Teaching and Research
- Experience with Volgistics would be considered an asset
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's, you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: August 05, 2022
Submission deadline: August 11, 2022
Julie Neilans, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.