Inventory Specialist, HMMS
- 2 positions
HMMS Logistics Inv
Healthcare Materials Management - London, ON
HMMS is a joint venture between St. Joseph's Health Care London and London Health Sciences Centre, that has been operating since 1997 providing consolidated functions of Sourcing, Contract Management, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Logistics, Supply Chain Systems and Inventory Management for the London Hospitals and numerous healthcare organizations throughout Southwestern Ontario.
As a full service supply chain organization, HMMS interacts with over 9,000 suppliers to provide an item catalogue of over 90,000 active items.
Learn more about HMMS through this short online video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=uhi8PSwKTOI.
Reporting to the Coordinator (Manager), Inventory & Purchasing, you will develop and implement process improvements to reduce operating costs, improve efficiency and enhance customer service related to Inventory Management. This position is the first point of contact for customer inquiries to troubleshoot problems related to order processing, product shortages and sourcing alternative supply.
Within this role the successful candidate will be responsible for inventory replenishment and control through a comprehensive and systematic analysis of product usage history and ordering patterns. This role will work as a liaison between our suppliers and customers to ensure that we provide the best possible service.
The successful candidate will be responsible for determining what products and optimal quantity should be carried in inventory, and for managing stock levels in consultation with Clinical and HMMS Staff.
In addition, the successful candidate will have the responsibility of tracking and reporting on Key Performance Indicators and process improvement activities.
- Graduate of a post secondary school degree or diploma program in inventory management, purchasing or a business related field
- Minimum 5 years inventory control experience with a demonstrated understanding of supply chain practices within a healthcare setting
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly developed organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication as well as interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience working with computerized inventory management and warehouse management systems, as well as word processing and database applications, particularly demonstrating an advanced knowledge of Excel
- Sound knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Adept at building positive relationships with superior customer service skills
- Effective skills in leading group in consensus building and conflict resolution.
- Self directed with the ability to work independently as well as within a team setting
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Current registration as a Certified Supply Chain Management Professional
- Previous experience leading diverse teams
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: August 03, 2022
Submission deadline: August 09, 2022
Jennifer Pasichnyk, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.