Posting # 48903 - [ Non-Union ]
Research Coordinator, Lawson Health Research Institute
- 1 position
Lawson Health Research Institute
Parkwood Institute Main - London, ON
Temporary Full Time
** Temporary position, anticipated to extend until August 31, 2023, subject to the availability of work
The successful candidate will work under the direction of Dr. Jacobi Elliott in the role of the “Research Coordinator”. This position will assist the Department of Specialized Geriatric Services in carrying out a variety of research projects. There is a broad range of responsibilities, including day-to-day operations of research projects including: preparation and set up of ethics submissions; liaison with other research team members, patients/family caregivers, physicians and health care workers; data collection and analysis, and manuscript preparation. This position is a one-year, full-time position with the opportunity for extension, contingent on available funding.
- Master’s degree in health-related field is preferred however equivalent qualification/ work experience will be considered;
- Requires excellent interpersonal, supervisory, organizational and planning skills to work effectively in a high pressure environment and have the ability to deal with confidential matters;
- Experience in collecting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data;
- Experience with writing grants, manuscripts, and literature reviews;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Ability to communicate effectively general and scientific information both verbally and in writing at all levels;
- Ability to work independently and make decisions. Good judgement, initiative, tact and professional attitude in the workplace;
- Adaptable, flexible and resourceful. Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines;
Teaching and Research
- Prior research experience
- Experience working in an academic/research environment
- Familiarity with LHRI policies and procedures an asset
- Familiarity with national, international and provincial research funding agencies/ organizations that fund research would be a strong asset.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work in teams, e.g. including faculty, staff, students and residents
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: July 27, 2022
Submission deadline: August 16, 2022
Julie Neilans, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.