Senior Storekeeper (Truck Driver/Warehouse), HMMS
- 1 position
Healthcare Materials Management - London, ON
*** REPOSTED ***
HMMS is a joint venture between St. Joseph's Health Care, London and London Health Sciences Centre, that has been operating since 1997 providing consolidated functions of Sourcing, Contract Management, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Logistics, Supply Chain Systems and Inventory Management for the London Hospitals and numerous healthcare organizations throughout Southwestern Ontario.
As a full service supply chain organization, HMMS interacts with over 9,000 suppliers to provide an item catalogue of over 85,000 active items.
Learn more about HMMS through this short online video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=uhi8PSwKTOI.
HMMS operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with Senior Storekeeper assigned to an offsite warehousing and distribution facility located on Stronach Crescent. The role of Senior Storekeeper includes material handling, order consolidation, shipping and receiving, and driving a 26' commercial vehicle with an automatic transmission and lift gate. Driving assignments are both in city and throughout the region. The employer will provide training and certification for operation of a Class 1 Counter Balance, Class 2 Reach Truck and/or Class 3.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent as recognized in the province of Ontario
- Valid Class G Driver's License and demonstrated ability to operate a 26' or greater commercial vehicle with an automatic transmission
- Forklift Class 1, 2 & 3 familiarity and successful completion of certification within six months of start date
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Good oral & written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Health and physical condition consistent with heavy lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, walking and standing
- Demonstrated organizational ability and self-direction
- Database computer experience
Teaching and Research
- DZ Driver's License
- Previous experience in Inventory Control/Logistics
- Previous experience driving a 26' or greater commercial vehicle
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: August 02, 2022
Submission deadline: August 08, 2022
Jennifer Pasichnyk, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.