Dietary Aide, Food & Nutrition Services - Mount Hope Centre for Long Term Care
- 3 positions
Food & Nutrition Services - Mount Hope Centre for Long Term Care
Mount Hope Centre for Long Term Care - London, ON
We are an integrated team that provides food and nutrition services to our patients and residents at all sites of St. Joseph's Health Care London. We accomplish this through the procurement, storage, preparation and distribution of safe, high quality food choices in a cost effective way. Our ultimate goal is to earn complete confidence by providing excellent customer service to ensure a pleasant dining experience and therefore maintain and improve nutritional health and quality of life. Our departments operate within varying shifts from 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM, seven days a week.
We value teamwork and respect the contribution of all team members. Training and education opportunities are provided. We value excellence and strive to continually improve our services, food quality and safety. We take pride being an employer of choice in the food service industry.
It is understood that the hours of work reflect the current scheduling arrangements and are subject to change as determined by the Employer.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or recognized equivalent in Ontario
- Successful completion of Food Service Worker Certificate or currently enrolled in the Food Service Worker Program and successfully obtain certificate within 3 years of hire
- Safe Food Handlers certification or successful completion of certification within six (6) months of hire
- Knowledge of institutional food service, therapeutic diets and safe food handling
- Demonstrated interpersonal, organizational and verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to read and write English
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Health and physical condition with constant bending, standing, walking, and lifting up to 28 kg
- Strong customer service commitment
- Ability to work in a busy environment with minimal supervision and as a team member
- Ability to work as a team player
- A police record check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Previous food service experience
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received three doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: June 21, 2022
Submission deadline: June 27, 2022
Christine Davison, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.