Registered Nurse, Mental Health Rehabilitation Nursing G3/H3
- 4 positions
Mental Health Rehabilitation Nursing G3/H3
Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care - London, ON
The Treatment and Rehabilitation Program has adopted the psychosocial Rehabilitation and Recovery Model as its overarching philosophical framework. This philosophy is built on a set of principles and values that emphasize client and family involvement in decision making, client choice, the provision of a range of services to meet treatment, rehabilitation and support needs, and a commitment from mental health services professionals to achieving the best possible outcomes for clients based on their stated preferences, wishes, desires and life plans. In order to make this vision a reality the program ensures that all of its clinical staff have the necessary skills by providing education and training, and has in place an evaluation framework to measure quality of services delivered including client outcomes.
Using the principles of client centered care within the context of an interdisciplinary team approach, the successful candidate will provide nursing care to clients who experience treatment resistant Schizophrenia and other related disorders.
- Current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Valid CPR certificate
- Well developed assessment, consultative practice and evaluation skills in the care of clients with severe and persistent mental illness
- Good working knowledge of nursing principles, theory and legislation and of the nursing care needs of clients with severe and persistent mental illness
- Must be capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships and able to work as an effective team member
- Demonstrated ability to apply and document the nursing process
- Ability to relate therapeutically with clients
- Demonstrated leadership in the initiation, coordination of, and participation in team/family conferences and clinical activities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience in the development of teaching materials and the teaching of clients, family, and caregivers
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Psychiatric mental health nursing certificate
- Experience working with clients with mental illness
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: June 21, 2022
Submission deadline: June 27, 2022
Christine Davison, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.