Posting # 48599 - [ Non-Union ]
Spiritual Care Intern, Spiritual Care
- 1 position
Parkwood Institute Main - London, ON
Temporary Part Time
** Temporary position, anticipated to extend until August 31, 2023, subject to the availability of work.
The Spiritual Care Intern will nurture the spiritual health of residents and patients by providing support for Church services, Hymn Sing groups and other Spiritual Groups at St. Joseph's Health Care London including Mount Hope and Parkwood Institute.
This role will plan and facilitate Spiritual Groups and Hymn Sing Groups when called upon. Supporting volunteers and community clergy in helping deliver Spiritual Groups when appropriate. Participate in the afterhours on-call team when called upon and offer individual spiritual support when needed.
The successful candidate may be required to work at any site within St. Joseph's Health Care London and the hours of work will be days, evenings, weekend and holidays.
- Two Units of Supervised Pastoral Education from a Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC) approved Supervisor.
- Completed one year of a Master of Divinity degree or other Theological Master's Degree
- 2 years of experience in facilitating spiritual groups and interdenominational Church services an asset
- Current Canadian Association for Spiritual Care membership
- Experience leading spiritual groups, faith services, rituals, and memorial services
- Exceptional technological skills including Smart Board Technology, audiovisual equipment and iPads as well as skills with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and also Point Click Care, and One Chart
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Exceptional ability to establish positive relationships and work as an effective team member
- Ability to be self-directed
- Excellent organizational skills and problem-solving skills
- Ability to solve conflicts
- Ability to provide compassionate multifaith spiritual support and crisis response after hours
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- A criminal reference check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate as required by the Long-Term Care Act.
Teaching and Research
- Knowledge of Roman Catholic practices is an asset
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's, you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received three doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: June 17, 2022
Submission deadline: June 30, 2022
Julie Neilans, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.