Posting # 48474 - [ Non-Union ]
Manager (Coordinator), Payroll and Benefits
- 1 position
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
The Coordinator, Payroll & Benefits is responsible for the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of effective Payroll and Employee Benefit programs at St. Joseph's. Using their professional expertise and capabilities, this management role develops and enhances the corporate function of the Payroll and Benefit operations that is built on process effectiveness, efficiency and accuracy.
The Coordinator will play a lead role in negotiating our payroll and benefit service contracts and play a key role in evaluating technology to best meet St. Joseph's operational needs.
This role will provide leadership in determining impact of contractual /financial and operational implications of benefit changes during collective bargaining and grievance process as well as ensuring compliance with legal, legislative and contractual requirements.
This position oversees daily operations within the HR team and provides regular leadership and coaching to the Payroll and Benefit staff.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Accounting or a related field
- Minimum 5 years direct related experience in a complex, multi-union, public sector environment encompassing a broad range of payroll, pension and benefit functions.
- Minimum of 2 years of formal leadership experience
- One of the following professional designations as: CHRL (Certified Human Resource Leader); CPM (Certified Payroll Manager) or CEBS (Certified Employee Benefit Specialist)
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ability and commitment to act as a supervisor under OHSA
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Superior customer service skills with a focus on multi-tasking and priority setting
- Strong team player and self-motivated toward process improvement
- The ability to organize data and plan for the future
- Demonstrated critical thinking approach with expertise in problem solving and analysis
- Strong attention to detail and an affinity for analysis
- Demonstrated skills in the upgrade or implementation of HR technology
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and understands the importance of automation
- Experience using business process redesign to transform the operations
- Comfortable with change
- Strong presentation skills
- Solid understanding of federal and provincial legislation and payroll compliance requirements (ie, Ontario Pension and Benefit Act, Employment Standards Act, etc)
- In addition, the successful candidate will possess strong leadership capabilities including: lead self, engage others; achieve results; develop coalition; system transformation
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: June 06, 2022
Submission deadline: July 06, 2022
Stacy Kearns, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.