Coordinator, Food Services
- 1 position
Food & Nutrition Services
Mount Hope Centre for Long Term Care - London, ON
*** REPOSTED ***
Building on more than 130 years of care and compassion, today's St. Joseph's continues to make a difference in health care with distinct roles in acute and ambulatory care, specialized care of the elderly, long term care, mental health care and rehabilitation services. With more than 10 locations, St. Joseph's offers health care professionals both the opportunity to specialize and to attain a variety of experiences in leading programs across a spectrum of services.
As a teaching centre, St. Joseph's fosters excellence through support for learning, research use in practice, and generation of new knowledge. Our shared leadership environment is our hallmark. Based on principles of accountability, equity, partnership and ownership, this environment enables staff to be accountable for making decisions. We offer flexibility and support to achieve balance between work and home along with programs to support our commitment to a safe and satisfying workplace.
The Coordinator of Food and Nutrition Services is responsible for the day to day operations and the coordination of the high quality meal service at St. Joseph's Health Care. The Coordinator is responsible for leading the administrative and human resource functions of the department, including recruitment of new employees, monitoring of employee performance and training. The Coordinator is responsible for efficient and effective resource allocation, budget adherence and building strong relationships with Patient Care Leadership to effectively deliver services to specific client populations. The Coordinator oversees the ordering of food, equipment, and supplies, is responsible for inventory management, and, arranges for the routine maintenance and upkeep of equipment and facilities. Reporting to the Director of Food and Nutrition Services, the successful candidate will ensure that quality service is provided to all clients and stakeholders while championing effective communication and leadership to the department of Food and Nutrition Services.
- Bachelor Degree in Food and Nutrition Sciences or a related field of study
- Minimum of 3 5 years leadership experience, preferably in a healthcare setting
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ability and commitment to act as a supervisor under OHSA
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate, manage and meet the challenges associated with the distribution of high quality nutritional meals in a variety of client and healthcare oriented environments
- Demonstrated leadership, team development, facilitation and coaching skills
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in performance management, conflict resolution and attendance management
- Demonstrated computer skills, particularly Word and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and problem solve operation issues
- Demonstrated ability to promote values of shared leadership and interdisciplinary team
- Knowledge of how to construct and implement a budget
- Highly developed organization and time management abilities
- Evidence of ongoing relevant professional development, and promotes the development of self and others
Teaching and Research
- Current member of the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Successful completion of an accredited dietetic internship program
- Knowledge of Ministry of Health and Long Term Care Compliance Standards would be of value
- Experience working in a mental health
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your leadership duties.
- Provide documentation you have received three doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: June 17, 2022
Submission deadline: July 03, 2022
Christine Davison, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.