Respiratory Therapist, Pulmonary Function Laboratory
- 1 position
Pulmonary Function Laboratory
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
Regular Part Time
St. Joseph's Hospital continues to expand its role in the treatment of complex medical and chronic disease, illness prevention, research and education. Our ambulatory medicine teams specialize in the treatment of complex medical and chronic disease conditions with the goal of assisting individuals to reach optimal health and well-being.
The role of the Respiratory Therapist in the Pulmonary Function Lab includes working together with different teams to provide patients with comprehensive assessment, diagnosis, disease prevention and management strategies and follow up care. As part of the interprofessional team the Respiratory Therapist provides support to multiple Chronic Disease Programs in Medicine Services, including the Pulmonary Rehabilitation and COPD, Cardiac Rehabilitation, Pulmonary Hypertension and Heart Failure and Respirology groups.
- Valid registration with the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario
- Valid CPR certificate
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Skilled in current Respiratory Therapy techniques
- Demonstrated skill in respiratory assessment and patient education
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and function independently
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Current registration with the Respiratory Therapy Society of Ontario and/or the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists and/or the Ontario Respiratory Care Society
- Minimum 2 years of recent experience
- Experience in respiratory diagnostics (eg. pulmonary function testing, cardiopulmonary exercise testing)
- Certified Respiratory Educator
- Experience with smoking cessation programs
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: May 13, 2022
Submission deadline: May 19, 2022
Stacy Kearns, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.