Student, Purchasing - HMMS
- 1 position
Purchasing - HMMS
Healthcare Materials Management - London, ON
Temporary Full Time
** Temporary position, anticipated to extend until December 30, 2022, subject to the availability of work.
HMMS is a joint venture between St. Joseph's Health Care London and London Health Sciences Centre, that has been operating since 1997 providing consolidated functions of Sourcing, Contract Management, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Logistics, Supply Chain Systems and Inventory Management for the London Hospitals and numerous healthcare organizations throughout Southwestern Ontario.
As a full service supply chain organization, HMMS interacts with over 9,000 suppliers to provide an item catalogue of over 85,000 active items.
Learn more about HMMS through this short online video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=uhi8PSwKTOI.
As a Student in Purchasing, reporting to the Department Coordinator, you will gain work experience assisting with ongoing educational training and skill development. You will perform a wide array of duties within the Purchasing Department which include obtaining approvals and confirmations for goods when invoices are received and the receipt was not processed through the HMMS Receiving Department.
By taking direction from senior staff, you will be responsible for open order follow up by pulling reports from the Allscripts system, requesting updates on delivery from suppliers, updating the HMMS ERP system, communicating to various internal departments, responding to our Customer, and facilitating problem solving methods.
In addition, you will be responsible for discrepant invoices and inbound discrepancies. By reaching out to departmental contacts to confirm that goods have been received, processing the receipt in the HMMS Receiving Module, ensuring the tracking information is documented to the purchase order and escalating through signing authority, you will be able to facilitate problem solving with the Buyer, Stakeholder and Supplier.
- Enrolled in Supply Chain Operations / Logistics Program Post Secondary
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent as recognized in the province of Ontario
- Highly motivated and determined
- Communication skills (written, oral)
- Attention to detail
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Works well in team environment or individually
- Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in compliance with the OHSA
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: May 13, 2022
Submission deadline: May 27, 2022
Greg Evens, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.