Posting # 48258 - [ Non-Union ]
Team Assistant, Health Information Management
- 1 position
Health Information Management
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
The Team Assistant is an exciting opportunity to support the Health Information Management (HIM) team and HIM Coordinators.
This role will provide administrative support to the HIM Coordinators in meeting their accountability of the day-to-day functions of the Health Information Management department. The role will provide meeting and calendar support to the HIM coordinators, scheduling, timekeeping and other administrative support of the HIM team, as well as providing support to departmental projects.
Working with the HIM Director, this role also acts as the key administrative support for regional governance committees for our Electronic Health Records OneChart (Cerner), which includes representatives from St. Joseph?s, London Health Sciences Centre and all regional hospitals participating on our instance of OneChart (Cerner). These committees include the Dictation and Transcription Committee (DTC) and the Health Information Management Working Group and support functions include meeting organizer, minute-taking and assembly of minute packages.
The HIM department manages the areas of Data Quality, Medical Coding and Abstracting, Chart Completion, Research, Records Management, Quantitative Analysis, Management of Mental Health Act Legal Forms, Consent and Capacity Boards, Release of Information, Transcription Services, Retrieval and Retention of Health Records, Admitting and Registration.
- College Diploma in related field (Medical Office Administration, Health Information Management, Health Administration) is required
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including excellent grammar, spelling, proofreading, and composition skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organizational skills to establish priorities and manage conflicting appointments, deadlines, and responsibilities from various stakeholders in a high demand work environment
- Ability to investigate and resolve problems, dealing with multiple levels of internal staff and external stakeholders in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and deal with confidential and sensitive issues in a professional manner
- Proficient in electronic file management
- Intermediate computer skills, particularly MS Office Suite including PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Minimum typing speed of 50 word per minute
- Experience taking accurate minutes at meetings and ensuring follow-up items are completed
- Knowledge/awareness of Health Information Management principles, legislation and/or experience in working in a Health Information Management department
- Minimum 3 years' experience in an administrative support role preferably with a minimum of one year supporting leadership and experience in a healthcare, research, or academic work environment
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's, you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to COVID management in the workplace
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: May 13, 2022
Submission deadline: May 26, 2022
Julie Neilans, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.