Student, Parkwood Institute Mental Health Program
- 8 positions
Parkwood Institute Mental Health Program
Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care - London, ON
Temporary Full Time
This is a Temporary position anticipated to extend until September 3, 2022, subject to the availability of work.
Parkwood Institute Mental Health is looking for summer students to support program staff and promote the overall wellness of patients while following appropriate COVID-19 and Infection Control guidelines. Position requirements include: escorting patients to and from the Pharmacy and the Health Centre; assist patients and visitors with wayfinding to and from appointments; support inpatients off ward; assist the therapeutic recreational specialists in taking patients outside for fresh air activities; and assist with on-unit activities for patients who are unable to leave the unit.
Majority of hours of work between 8:00am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent as recognized in the province of Ontario.
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- This position is funded by the Government of Canada's Canadian Summer Jobs (CSJ) program. The successful incumbent must meet the eligibility criteria to receive CSJ funding as outlined by the Government of Canada.
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: May 13, 2022
Submission deadline: May 19, 2022
Christine Davison, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.