Medical Secretary, Department of Medicine
- 1 position
Department of Medicine
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
This is a unique opportunity for a dynamic and collaborative professional to provide full-time medical secretarial support Dr. Mahon and Dr. Lopez within the Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine at St. Joseph's Health Care, London.
Duties will include management of patient referrals, records and appointment scheduling, office correspondence, medical billing, office accounting, and provision of support for physician research and teaching activities.
- Graduate of a recognized Medical Secretary Diploma
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Previous experience in an administrative role in a medical office setting
- Excellent understanding of medical terminology
- Demonstrated Intermediate level computer skills particularly with Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Minimum 50 wpm typing speed and transcribing experience
- High level of initiative and self-direction required with proven problem-solving abilities
- Excellent organizational skills to establish and balance competing priorities in a challenging and diverse work environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills with a strong customer focus as well as a positive and professional attitude toward assisting internal or external customers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a pleasant telephone manner
- Detail oriented and demonstrated accuracy with the work involved
- Ability to work independently and within a team
Teaching and Research
- Extensive experience in knowledge of OHIP billing for all outpatient and inpatient clients
- Experience working in a Medical Secretary role providing direct support to Physicians
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: May 12, 2022
Submission deadline: May 18, 2022
Julie Neilans, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.