Registered Nurse, Veterans Care Program
- 4 positions
Veterans Care Program
Parkwood Institute Main - London, ON
Regular Part Time
The Veterans Care Program assists war service Veterans whose daily functioning and health may be affected by chronic physical and mental illnesses and episodic health problems. You will provide quality care and work within a comprehensive interdisciplinary team to promote the health and well being and meet the social, emotional and spiritual needs of Veterans requiring substantial assistance with activities of daily living. We support Veterans to be as independent as possible and to reach their full capability within a safe environment. Families are key partners in our care team and are supported by the team to adjust and adapt to the changing needs of the family member.
May be required to work anywhere within the Program
- Valid registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Valid CPR certificate
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ability and commitment to act as a supervisor under OHSA
- Experience and knowledge in gerontological nursing and in providing care to patients with chronic mental illness, cognitive impairments or a progressive dementia
- Previous experience in the care of patients with medical/surgical conditions
- Ability to establish positive relationships with customers and to work as an effective team member
- Demonstrated ability to apply and document the nursing process
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and direct others
- Excellent organizational skills and problem-solving skills
- Superior communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to apply effective body mechanics and meet the physical demands of the position
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Certification in Gerontology
- Minimum one-year experience working with people with progressive dementia
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: May 12, 2022
Submission deadline: May 18, 2022
Stacy Kearns, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.