Registered Practical Nurse, Treatment & Rehab G3 & H3
- 1 position
Treatment & Rehab G3 & H3
Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care - London, ON
It is understood that the hours of work reflect the current scheduling arrangements and are subject to change as determined by the Employer.
The Treatment & Rehabilitation Program has adopted the Psychosocial Rehabilitation and Recovery Model as its overarching philosophical framework. This philosophy is built on a set of principles and values that emphasize client and family involvement in decision making, client choice, the provision of a range of services to meet treatment, rehabilitation and support needs, and a commitment from mental health services professionals to achieving the best possible outcomes for clients based on their stated preferences, wishes, desires and life plans. In order to make this vision a reality the program will ensure that all of its clinical staff have the necessary skills by providing education and training, and will put in place an evaluation framework to measure quality of services delivered including client outcomes.
Using the principles of client centered care within the context of an interdisciplinary team approach, the successful candidate will provide nursing care to clients with severe and persistent mental illness. Candidate will be required to work rotating shifts.
- Current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Valid CPR certificate
- Proficiency and experience in pharmacology and medication administration
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Experience and knowledge of the special needs and nursing care needs of clients with severe and persistent mental illness
- Strong working knowledge of mental health legislation
- Must be capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships and able to work as an effective team member
- Ability to coordinate care collaboratively with the Registered Nurse and other interdisciplinary team members as well as to function independently with clients with a predictable outcome
- Ability to relate therapeutically with clients
- Demonstrated skills in effectively responding to psychiatric and physical emergencies and/or crisis situations
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and strong organizational skills
- Ability to apply effective body mechanics and meet the physical demands of the position
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Recent experience working in mental health
- Completion of courses in psychiatric nursing
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: May 11, 2022
Submission deadline: May 17, 2022
Christine Davison, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.