Posting # 48226 - [ Non-Union ]
Development Officer, Foundation
- 1 position
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
At St. Joseph's Health Care London, we have a proud legacy of care across a wide variety of medical disciplines serving all ages and stages of life.
Supporting St. Joseph's mission, St. Joseph's Health Care Foundation raises philanthropic funds to advance the very best in care, teaching and research. With a strong focus on performance and best practice, and guided by a skilled Board and leadership team, St. Joseph's offers a positive, collaborative team environment and a competitive compensation program.
Currently we seek an experienced fundraising professional to coordinate, implement and grow our well-established annual giving program.
Working collaboratively with the Development Team, the Development Officer designs, coordinates and executes fundraising strategies for a robust direct mail program including monthly giving, as well as develops relationships with community organizations and individual donors and prospective donors to advance the work of St. Joseph's.
If you are a highly motivated, results-oriented and experienced fundraising professional wanting to implement your skills in an engaging work environment to make better health care possible, please apply.
- University degree in related discipline
- A minimum of one to three years professional fundraising experience, preferably in a medical/research environment, with experience in direct marketing and building donor relationships
- Highly-motivated to produce fundraising results
- Demonstrated ability to develop, analyze and interpret metrics to inform strategy
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with donors, volunteers and other professional staff in a highly collaborative, professional and mature manner
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, attention to detail, accuracy and professionalism
- Effective project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects over varying timelines
- Very self-motivated with ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to contribute positively and effectively to team performance
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity, sound judgement and discretion
- Commitment to the AFP Code of Ethical Standards and AHP Statement of Professional Standards and Conduct
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); comfortable learning and using new technology
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
Teaching and Research
- Willing to work toward Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE) designation
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to COVID management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox).
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing.
Posting date: May 11, 2022
Submission deadline: May 24, 2022
Julie Neilans, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.