Registered Pharmacy Technician, Prescription Shop 1
- 1 position
Prescription Shop 1
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
Temporary Full Time
** Temporary position anticipated to extend until March 13, 2023 subject to the availability of work
This is an exciting opportunity for a Registered Pharmacy Technician to join a dynamic team at Prescription Shop 1 at St. Joseph's Hospital.
Prescription Shop 1 is a community, retail pharmacy that provides service to patients visiting the various ambulatory clinics at St. Joseph's Hospital, residents at Mount Hope Centre of Long-Term Care, hospital staff, and the general public. As a Registered Pharmacy Technician, you will require excellent organizational and communication skills to become an integral part of this team, which focuses on providing outstanding customer service and high-quality patient care. To be successful, you must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and thrive on collaborating with others while working to full scope of practice.
Note: for the first 12 weeks minimum, the successful candidate can expect to be scheduled up to full-time hours (i.e. 37.5 hrs/week).
In addition to the essential qualifications listed below, experience with long term care is an important asset.
- Pharmacy Assistant/Technician Diploma
- Registered with the Ontario College of Pharmacists (OCP) as a Registered Pharmacy Technician
- Minimum 2 years recent experience in a retail pharmacy setting
- Exceptional attention to detail to accurately complete and check all technical aspects of a prescription within scope of practice
- Strong mathematical skills, including calculations to make non-sterile compounded medications
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Demonstrated experience with third party adjudication and billing
- Previous experience with pharmacy order entry systems
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated customer focus with the ability to meet the needs of both internal and external customers
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Proficiency with Kroll is preferred
- Knowledge of automated packaging technology
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: May 11, 2022
Submission deadline: May 17, 2022
Stacy Kearns, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.