Posting # 48206 - [ Non-Union ]
Coordinator (Manager), Supply Chain Technology (Information Systems) - HMMS
- 1 position
Healthcare Materials Management - London, ON
HMMS is a joint venture between St. Joseph's Health Care, London and London Health Sciences Centre, that has been operating since 1997 providing consolidated functions of Sourcing, Contract Management, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Logistics, Supply Chain Systems and Inventory Management for the London Hospitals and numerous healthcare organizations throughout Southwestern Ontario.
As a full service supply chain organization, HMMS interacts with over 9,000 suppliers to provide an item catalogue of over 90,000 active items.
Learn more about HMMS through this short online video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=uhi8PSwKTOI.
As Manager of Supply Chain Technology, you are responsible for the planning, design, implementation, execution and maintenance of HMMS technological investments to support all of our operations as well as ensuring data interface/integration with our Joint Venture Owners and multiple Customer Applications.
Based out of the Stronach Crescent facility in London, ON and working closely with the ITS team from the London Hospitals, you will oversee a team of approximately 10 employees focused on ensuring an innovative and efficient suite of programs built around the AllScripts Enterprise Resource Planning system, Oracle WebCentre, Warehouse Management System and other technological platforms. The successful candidate will possess the capabilities to lead and participate in a collaborative environment with the demonstrated ability to build consensus and deliver value to a variety of stakeholders while maintaining a culture of compliance.
As an established professional and leader, you will participate in the development of strategies that maximize available human, capital, and technological resources and will support the continuous development of our team through education, shared leadership, and the pursuit of best practices. You are known as an innovator and enabler who excels at operational excellence, team building and interpersonal communication. Your leadership style is recognized as harmonious with and reflective of the values of HMMS.
Role and Responsibilities
Strategy and Planning
Implementation & Deployment
- Ensure that applications meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Plan, execute, and manage the integration of new applications into existing systems and software throughout the enterprise.
- Review and analyze existing applications effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application-usage best practices.
- Evaluate, install, configure, and deploy new applications, systems software, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the enterprise.
- Collaborate with analysts, architects, and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications.
- Ensure that any new system integration into business systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Liaise with software suppliers and internal stakeholders to address issues in program logic and the interoperability of new applications with existing systems software.
- Design, develop, install and manage application enhancements and upgrades.
- Review business plans, projects, and operational issues with the team.
- Ensure that the team can provide appropriate coverage for all core services
- Manage and provide direction for the Business Systems team in support of business operations.
- Develop relationships with internal business functions and suppliers.
- Work diligently to enhance or improve business processes via integration or, as necessary, minimize the impact of integration on those processes.
- Develop and communicate training and documentation for end users and team members.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Business related field
- 5+ years' leadership experience of IT teams.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills are required.
- Hands-on experience working and managing with SQL servers, PowerBI Reporting, CRM implementations, ERP & WMS systems,
- 5+ years of experience with Project Management applications.
- Previous experience overseeing in-house/remote software development teams supporting and enhancing existing applications or creating new applications.
- Proven experience in overseeing the linking of cross-functional applications between disparate business units and systems.
- Experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development, and data mapping.
- Strong knowledge of system and data quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of a safety culture in health care setting in compliance with the OHSA.
- Ability and commitment to act as a supervisor under OHSA.
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: May 10, 2022
Submission deadline: May 19, 2022
Greg Evens, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.