Registered Practical Nurse, Treatment & Rehab G4 & Assessment H4
- 1 position
Treatment & Rehab G4 & Assessment H4
Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care - London, ON
It is understood that the hours of work reflect the current scheduling arrangements and are subject to change as determined by the Employer.
Parkwood Institute - Mental Health Care Building provides specialized mental health care to individuals living with mental illnesses on both an inpatient and outpatient basis. In addition to providing direct care to individuals living with mental illness, the organization is also actively involved in the education of future clinicians and in advancing the research knowledge base. Our work is guided by a recovery-oriented philosophy of care as well as the utilization of treatment and rehabilitation interventions that are based on the best available evidence of their effectiveness to assist individuals in pursuing their life goals. We believe in supporting both the individual and their family/friends throughout their recovery journey.
Using the principles of client-centered care within the context of an interdisciplinary team approach, the successful candidate will provide nursing care to clients with severe and persistent mental illness. Candidate will be required to work rotating shifts.
- Current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Valid CPR certificate
- Proficiency and experience in pharmacology and medication administration
- Knowledge of the nursing care needs of clients with serious mental illness
- Ability to establish positive interpersonal relationships and able to work as an effective member of the interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to apply and document the prescribed treatment, rehabilitation and support plan of care
- Ability to coordinate care collaboratively with all members of the interdisciplinary team as well as to fulfill nursing responsibilities in an independent, self-directed manner
- Ability to relate therapeutically with clients
- Demonstrated ability to effectively respond in crisis situations
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated organizational, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Previous experience working in a mental health environment
- Completion of courses in psychiatric nursing
- Knowledge of The Mental Health Act
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: May 09, 2022
Submission deadline: May 15, 2022
Christine Davison, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.