Registered Nurse, Treatment & Rehab G4
- 1 position
Treatment & Rehab G4
Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care - London, ON
Temporary Full Time
** Temporary position, anticipated to extend until September 30, 2022, subject to the availability of work.
Using the principles of client-centered care within the context of an interdisciplinary team approach, the successful candidate will provide comprehensive assessment/rehabilitation/treatment to clients with severe and persistent mental illness.
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Valid CPR certificate
- In-depth knowledge of major mental illness from a biopsychosocial perspective
- Knowledge, skills, and recent experience providing assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of individuals with serious mental illness
- Demonstrated ability to apply and document the nursing process
- Knowledge of psychotropic medications, symptom management, and community resources
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act and other relevant legislation
- Must be capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships and able to work as an effective team member
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking and problem solving skills
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Experience in mental health
- Certified/or in the process of completing courses toward the Canadian Psychiatry and Mental Health Certification
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: May 09, 2022
Submission deadline: May 15, 2022
Christine Davison, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.