Posting # 48109 - [ Non-Union ]
Coordinator, HMMS Accounting, Reporting & Budgeting
- 1 position
Healthcare Materials Management - London, ON
*** REPOSTED ***
Healthcare Materials Management Services (HMMS) is a joint venture between St. Joseph's Health Care London and London Health Sciences Centre, that has been operating since 1997 providing consolidated functions of Sourcing, Contract Management, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Logistics, Supply Chain Systems and Inventory Management for the London Hospitals and numerous healthcare organizations throughout Southwestern Ontario.
As a full service supply chain organization, HMMS interacts with over 9,000 suppliers to provide an item catalogue of over 90,000 active items.
Learn more about HMMS through this short online video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=uhi8PSwKTOI.
Reporting to the Director - HMMS Finance & Strategic Support, this role is primarily responsible for overseeing HMMS' financial reporting and analysis, operating budget and forecasting processes. This position is tasked with ensuring operational leaders are effectively engaged in understanding their financial results and budgeting for their programs.
This role also has accountability for leading a team of finance professionals ensuring the appropriate execution of all internal control processes as well as ensuring finance-related process and control risks are identified and addressed.
Key responsibilities of this role are:
- Direct and oversee finance staff in preparation of internal and external financial reporting, including monthly and quarterly financial statements, reporting to Ministry of Health and other entities, and to accomplish key financial reporting objectives for the department.
- Lead the annual budget process, ensuring operational leader engagement and timely submission. Provide leadership to staff engaged in the budget process and ongoing monthly financial analysis.
- Supporting engagement between staff and operational leaders to understand financial results, budget variances and forecasting.
- Be the lead finance contact for all external audits, and provide oversight of for the preparation of the annual external financial statements.
- Responsible for the recruitment, performance management, resource planning, staff orientation and training, goal setting, coaching and teaching and ensuring accounting policies are understood and followed by all finance staff (including non-direct reports as required re: accounting polices)
- Chartered Professional Accountant Designation
- Strong managerial skills backed by a working knowledge of accounting standards including public sector accounting standards + CPA Handbook Part III Section 4200
- 5+ years of experience in a financial management/reporting role
- 5+ years of demonstrated team leadership experience
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ability and commitment to act as a supervisor under OHSA
- Self-directed and highly motivated with effective written and oral communication skills
- Highly developed critical thinking skills including the ability to conceptualize and analyze problems and develop and implement business plans and/or support leaders in the implementation of business plans and budget saving strategies
- Ability to manage competing demands and meet challenging timelines
- Demonstrated experience supporting leadership teams/clients in understanding their financial results and supporting them in the development and understanding of operating budgets
- Experience supporting and reporting to various internal committee structures
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with internal teams, peers and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated shared leadership, team development, collaboration and facilitation skills coupled with superior interpersonal, relationship and communication skills
- Ability to exercise judgment on complex issues across a diverse environment
Teaching and Research
- Experience in a health care environment in Ontario
- Experience with Allscripts Financial applications including General Ledger, Fixed Assets, and Project Costing modules
- Relevant consulting or public accounting firm experience
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: July 18, 2022
Submission deadline: July 28, 2022
Jennifer Pasichnyk, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.