Compensation Assistant, Human Resources
- 1 position
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
*** REPOSTED ***
This position performs a variety of payroll functions in a multi-union environment, supporting the Hospital population of approximately 4500 employees. Responsibilities will include auditing data changes to employee records (i.e terminations, transfers, new hires etc), processing records of employment, auditing bi-weekly payroll calculations, preparing manual cheques, processing garnishments, supporting timekeepers with use of the time and attendance system, and various payroll and benefits projects as assigned.
- Certificate in Accounting, Business, Human Resources or other related field
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
- Intermediate Excel and Word skills and Outlook
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Demonstrated customer service focus with strong interpersonal and organization skills
- Must be a self-starter and demonstrate initiative
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of confidentiality
- 2+ years experience in processing payroll transactions in an organization with 1000+ employees
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
Teaching and Research
- Experience with HR/Payroll systems
- Completed Canadian Payroll Association certification or working towards completion
- Previous accounting experience
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's, you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: May 12, 2022
Submission deadline: May 18, 2022
Julie Neilans, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.