Posting # 48007 - [ ONA ]
Registered Nurse, Coordinated Access
- 1 position
Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care - London, ON
*** REPOSTED ***
Opportunity for temporary full time hours until approximately October 28, 2022, subject to the availability of work
An opportunity exists within our Coordinated Access Team for a Registered Nurse to contribute to our exciting new approach to access to Tertiary Mental Health Care.
Working collaboratively with our care partners, the Coordinated Access Team RN will facilitate access and system navigation to clients and their families or care providers as they seek access to Tertiary Mental Health Services. The RN will play a key role in both supporting access to tertiary care and also advising clients and their families of alternative levels of care when tertiary care will not meet their needs. Working closely with our care partners at all levels of the health system the RN will play a lead role in reviewing and facilitating appropriate admissions to inpatient units.
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Valid CPR certificate
- In-depth knowledge of major mental illness from a biopsychosocial perspective
- Knowledge, skills, and recent experience providing assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of individuals with serious mental illness
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in applying the principles of psychosocial rehabilitation and the practices of case management
- Knowledge of psychotropic medications, symptom management, and community resources
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act and other relevant legislation
- Must be capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships and able to work as an effective team member
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience in crisis intervention and the teaching of clients, family, and caregivers
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset.
- Knowledge of social and health services networks in various communities served by Parkwood Institute Mental Healthcare
- Experience in mental health
- Certified in, or in process of completing courses towards the certificate in the Canadian Psychiatry and Mental Health Certification
- Experience interpreting and working with standardized assessment tools
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: May 09, 2022
Submission deadline: May 15, 2022
Jennifer Pasichnyk, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.