Registered Nurse, Assessment H4
- 1 position
Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care - London, ON
*** REPOSTED ***
The Assessment Program cares for individuals with serious mental illness who require specialized diagnostic assessment and care. This care includes specialized assessment and initial stabilization with recommendations for further treatment, rehabilitation and community reintegration. Focus is on providing crisis and short-term treatment, and collaborative care with family physicians and other community providers. Optimal length of stay in our program is 30 days.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Valid CPR certificate
- In-depth knowledge of major mental illness from a biopsychosocial perspective
- Knowledge, skills and recent experience providing assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of individuals with serious mental illness
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act, Health Care Consent Act, PHIPA and other relevant legislation
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Must be capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships and able to work as an effective team member
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles of Therapeutic Relationships
- Knowledge of informal leadership skills
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Evidence of continued professional growth and development
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Certification in Psychosocial Rehabilitation
- Certified or in the process of completing courses toward the Canadian Psychiatry and Mental Health Certification
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge of computer systems i.e. Cerner, Word
- Ability to perform venipuncture
- Crisis training
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: May 19, 2022
Submission deadline: May 25, 2022
Christine Davison, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.