Consultant, Communications & Public Affairs
- 1 position
Communication & Public Affairs
Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care - London, ON
*** REPOSTED ***
As an integral part of the Communication and Public Affairs team at St. Joseph's Health Care London, the Communication Consultant provides innovative ideas, big picture thinking and tactical planning, and support to a wide range of projects within our dynamic and multi-faceted organization.
The successful candidate will have a passion for enhancing the experience of our key stakeholders, i.e. patients, residents, staff and physicians through storytelling, communication planning, content generation for print and digital platforms, reputation management, and media relations.
With an ability to work independently, the Communication Consultant thrives in a collaborative environment with a focus on strategy, creativity, and impactful internal and external communication.
- Undergraduate degree/diploma in a related discipline, as well as a one year post graduate certificate or post graduate diploma in communications, public relations, or journalism
- A minimum of five (5) years of communications experience in a business communications environment or health care setting is also required
- Demonstrated track record of progressively increasing responsibilities in developing, writing, implementing and evaluating effective communication strategies for a variety of stakeholder groups
- Solid aptitude for related software such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, web content management systems, and social media platforms
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Focused experience in internal communications and stakeholder engagement is an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's, you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: May 10, 2022
Submission deadline: May 16, 2022
Julie Neilans, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.