Posting # 47649 - [ OPSEU Paramed ]
Psychologist, Forensic Psychiatry Program
- 1 position
Forensic Psychiatry Program
Southwest Centre for Forensic Mental Health Care - St. Thomas, ON
*** REPOSTED ***
The Psychologist works as a member of an inter-professional team using a client-centered approach to care. The successful candidate will provide a complete range of psychological and consultative services to individuals with severe and persistent mental illness who have come into contact with the law. The Psychologist will be supporting the development of behavioral programing for our Forensic patients, as well as completing Forensic assessments and providing therapy.
Applicants with current registration with the College of Psychologists of Ontario and holding a Certificate of Registration Authorizing Supervised Practice as a Psychologist may be considered. Clinical Supervision for re-training and registration purposes is available on site.
- Valid registration as a Psychologist at the doctoral level with the College of Psychologists of Ontario
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ability and commitment to act as a supervisor under OHSA
- Demonstrated psychological assessment, intervention and program evaluation skills
- Demonstrated experience with and competence in Individual and/or Group Intervention
- Demonstrated experience in planning, conducting, administering and interpreting a complete range of psychological assessment techniques
- Good working knowledge of mental health legislation and privacy legislation
- Knowledge of program and service evaluation
- Competence to supervise Psychometrists, Psychology Residents and Students
- Ability to travel occasionally within the catchment area
- Demonstrated experience working in a goal oriented, evidence based, and outcome oriented practice
- Demonstrated superior communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively within an interdisciplinary team setting and able to function independently
- Demonstrated ability to form and maintain effective partnerships within the community in order to effectively address patient needs
- Demonstrated strength in written/verbal communication
- Familiarity with outcome measurement related to clinical practice, ability to measure and evaluate practice change outcomes
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Certification as a Forensic Psychologist (Support and supervision to pursue certification is available)
- Demonstrated experience in planning, conducting, administering and interpreting a complete range of psychological assessments, including risk assessment and behavioural programming
- Experience working in mental health
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: May 10, 2022
Submission deadline: May 30, 2022
Christine Davison, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.