Facilities Assistant, Facilities Engineering
- 1 position
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
The Facilities Assistant will provide clerical and administrative support to the department of Facilities Engineering. The primary functions of this role are to support the Facility Engineering Work Order system (Archibus) from receipt of the request from customers through completion, support for the staff payroll process (Workbrain) and to provide support for the department's procurement of materials through Healthcare Materials Management Services (HMMS).
We are looking for someone who possesses strong skills in computer applications in order to assist in the clerical aspects of this role. A high degree of professionalism, skill level, attention to detail and quality of work is required, as is the ability to manage tasks and consistently meet deadlines.
- Successful completion of an Ontario Secondary School Diploma, or recognized equivalent by the Province of Ontario
- Graduate of a post secondary recognized Office Administration program
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Minimum of two years recent administrative/secretarial experience
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, to interact in an effective manner
- Demonstrated computer experience with an intermediate level of knowledge in Microsoft Word, basic level of knowledge in Microsoft Excel, along with experience with Outlook and an ability to accurately type forty (40) words per minute
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment with frequent interruptions
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills with the ability to establish and balance competing priorities in a challenging and changing work environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills with a strong customer focus as well as a positive and professional attitude toward assisting internal or external customers
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: November 24, 2021
Submission deadline: November 30, 2021
Greg Evens, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.