Clinical Receptionist Assistant, Urgent Care Centre
- 1 position
Urgent Care Centre
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
Regular Part Time
The Clinical Receptionist Assistant in the Urgent Care Centre will work closely with the Urgent Care Team to support the everyday operations of the unit. The Clinical Receptionist Assistant enables improved patient flow and ensures continued quality for the unit by registering patients, providing patients with knowledge regarding Urgent Care process, completing clerical responsibilities and assisting with indirect patient care tasks as assigned.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or recognized equivalent by the Province of Ontario
- Graduate of a recognized Medical Office Assistant certificate program
- Previous experience with computerized patient care registration/scheduling systems, computer order entry and data entry
- Demonstrated basic level knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately in a busy environment
- Good judgment and decision making skills
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions in a fast-paced setting
- Proven ability to work both independently and as a part of the team
- Strong customer service focus and the ability to work in team setting as well as independently
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Previous experience with Cerner Systems Registration and Scheduling package.
- Previous experience in an Ambulatory clinic setting
- Experience in working in an Endoscopy Unit, Operating Room, Urgent Care or Emergency Care setting
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: November 24, 2021
Submission deadline: November 30, 2021
Stacy Kearns, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.