Posting # 46734 - [ Non-Union ]
Team Assistant (HIM), Clerical & Charting
- 1 position
Clerical & Charting
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
The Health Information Management (HIM) Team Assistant role will support the HIM Coordinators in all of the accountabilities the department holds for the organization. The HIM department manages the areas of Data Quality, Coding and Abstracting, Chart Completion, Research, Records Management, Quantitative Analysis, Management of Mental Health Act Legal Forms, Consent and Capacity Boards, Release of Information, Transcription Services, Retrieval and Retention of Health Records, Admitting and Registration and is responsible for the development of the processes which are necessary to measure and evaluate the quality of these services.
This role will provide administrative support to the HIM Coordinators in meeting their accountability of the day-to-day functions of the Health Information Management department. This role acts as the administrative support to the regional HIM Working Group (OneChart governance structure) and the Dictation & Transcription Committee (DTC) (OneChart governance structure) as meeting organizer, minute-taker and assembly of meeting packages, in addition to supporting the Director who is the lead support member of these councils.
Teaching and Research
- College Diploma in related field (Medical Office Administration, Health Information Management, Health Administration) is required
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including excellent grammar, spelling, proofreading and composition skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organizational skills to establish priorities and manage conflicting appointments, deadlines and responsibilities from various stakeholders in a high demand work environment
- Ability to investigate and resolve problems, dealing with multiple levels of internal staff and external stakeholders in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and deal with confidential and sensitive issues in a professional manner
- Proficient in electronic file management
- Intermediate computer skills, particularly MS Office Suite including PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Minimum typing speed of 50 word per minute
- Experience taking accurate minutes at meetings and ensuring follow-up items are completed
- Knowledge/awareness of Health Information Management principles, legislation and/or experience in working in a Health Information Management department
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Minimum 3 years' experience in an administrative support role preferably with a minimum of one year supporting leadership and experience in a healthcare, research, or academic work environment
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: November 24, 2021
Submission deadline: December 07, 2021
Julie Neilans, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.