- 2 positions
HMMS Logistics Other Sites
Healthcare Materials Management - London, ON
It is understood that the hours of work reflect the current scheduling arrangements and are subject to change as determined by the Employer.
Healthcare Materials Management Services (HMMS) is a Joint Venture between London Health Sciences Centre and St. Joseph's Health Care London to integrate and consolidate the functions of Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Receiving, Warehousing, Distribution, and Inventory Management.
HMMS operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with Storekeeper assigned to perform supply chain functions at London Health Sciences Centre and St. Joseph's Health Care London. These duties include shipping/receiving, cycle counting, inventorying and stock replenishment on supply carts in clinical areas throughout the hospitals. Storekeepers use bar code scanners and computers to perform daily tasks.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent as recognized in the province of Ontario
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Good oral & written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Health and physical condition consistent with heavy lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, walking and standing
- Demonstrated organizational ability and self direction
- Forklift Class 3 familiarity and successfully complete certification within one week of start date
- Database computer experience
Teaching and Research
- Previous experience in Inventory Control/Logistics
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: November 23, 2021
Submission deadline: November 29, 2021
Greg Evens, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.