Sourcing Associate, HMMS
- 2 positions
Healthcare Materials Management - London, ON
Temporary Full Time
** Temporary position, anticipated to extend until December 02, 2022, subject to the availability of work.
HMMS is a joint venture between St. Joseph's Health Care London and London Health Sciences Centre, that has been operating since 1997 providing consolidated functions of Sourcing, Contract Management, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Logistics, Supply Chain Systems and Inventory Management for the London Hospitals and numerous healthcare organizations throughout Southwestern Ontario.
As a full-service supply chain organization, HMMS interacts with over 9,000 suppliers to provide an item catalogue of over 90,000 active items.
Learn more about HMMS through this short online video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=uhi8PSwKTOI.
Reporting to the Coordinator - Sourcing, this position is responsible for competitive bidding, contract management, and supplier management for consumables, services, consulting, and capital purchases. This role will work closely with HMMS Sourcing Specialists to support customers across the organization by triaging contract/agreement expiry dates to make recommendations for renewal based on an understanding of the market, supplier performance, the needs of the customer and the voice of operations. Measurable outcomes would be savings generated through negotiation as cost reductions or cost avoidance.
The primary responsibility of this role will be to execute Invitational, Group Purchasing Organizations (GPO) procurements, as well as, supporting Open Competitive Bidding, in accordance with Procurement Directives issued under the Broader Public Sector Accountability Act (BPSAA), 2010, and applicable trade agreements.
The performance of candidates within this role directly impacts the quality and performance of Hospital Contracts for the supply of all goods and services and our ability to attest compliance to the BPSAA. In addition, this role will be responsible for ensuring contract compliance is taking place and managing supplier performance. This role is also responsible, in collaboration with the Sourcing Specialist, to reduce off contract spend, and negotiate preferred rates and terms and conditions with Suppliers.
The Strategic Sourcing Associate will collaborate with the Contracts Compliance Analyst. This role will review market intelligence and spend to identify opportunities for strategic procurements of any value. The role will also collaborate with the Contracts Compliance Analyst in developing Request For Information (RFI?s) and analyzing the responses from Suppliers.
This position will be responsible for the following activities:
- Procurement Initiatives - this role will be primarily responsible for activities associated with invitational, GPO, and procurement decisions less than $100,000
- Contract implementation and on-going contract management
- Rapid Sourcing and identifying alternate supply sources
- Off- catalogue sourcing of goods and services
- Post-secondary Diploma in related field such as Business or Law Clerk required, Degree preferred
- 1 to 3 years previous purchasing, negotiating or facilitating experience
- Experience leading complex projects resulting in cost savings, improved efficiency and/or process improvement
- Understanding of Health Care Supply Chain leading practices.
- Strong business analysis skills
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong Presentation skills
- Demonstrated advanced skills with Microsoft Office, intermediate level in excel
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Focused on the customer
- Good listener
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrates initiative
- Ability to resolve conflict
- Ability to lead group decision making
- Demonstrated ability to offer and receive constructive feedback with fellow team members
- Demonstrated self-awareness and an understanding of personal strengths and weaknesses in pursuit of continuous improvement
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: November 23, 2021
Submission deadline: November 30, 2021
Greg Evens, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.