Registered Nurse, Forensic Outreach
- 1 position
Southwest Centre for Forensic Mental Health Care - St. Thomas, ON
(flexibility to work all shifts as required)
An opportunity exists with Forensic Services to provide nursing care to clients with severe and persistent mental disorders. The program operates under a model of psychosocial rehab and uses a client-centered and interdisciplinary team approach.
- Current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Valid CPR certificate
- Valid Ontario driver's license
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA Well-developed assessment, consultative practice and evaluation skills in the care of clients with severe and persistent mental illness
- Excellent working knowledge of nursing principles, theory and legislation and of the nursing care needs of clients with severe and persistent mental illness
- Must be capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships and able to work as an effective team member
- Demonstrated ability to apply and document the nursing process
- Ability to relate therapeutically with clients
- Demonstrated leadership in the initiation, coordination of, and participation in team/family conferences and clinical activities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience in the development of teaching materials and the teaching of clients, family, and caregivers
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in applying the principles and technology of psychosocial rehabilitation
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Experience working in mental health
- Psychiatric Mental Health Worker certification
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: November 23, 2021
Submission deadline: November 29, 2021
Christine Davison, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.