Medical Secretary, Department of Surgery
- 1 position
Department of Surgery
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
An excellent opportunity exists for an innovative and collaborative Medical Secretary within the Department of Surgery, supporting Dr. Robert Richards. As the successful candidate, you will support this physician's practice, both clinical and surgical. Primary responsibilities include: all aspects of booking clinic appointments and surgery, and maintaining wait times; the organization and maintenance of a busy surgical office and clinic activities; tracking and arranging patient referrals, follow-up, and investigational tests.
- Completion of Ontario Secondary School Diploma or recognized equivalent by the Province of Ontario
- Graduate of a recognized Medical Secretary Diploma
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Previous experience in an administrative role in a medical office setting
- Excellent understanding of medical terminology
- Demonstrated Intermediate level computer skills particularly with Word, Excel, PowerPoint Excellent typing skills, minimum 50 wpm typing speed and transcribing experience
- High level of initiative and self-direction required with proven problem-solving abilities
- Excellent organizational skills to establish and balance competing priorities in a challenging and diverse work environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills with a strong customer focus as well as a positive and professional attitude toward assisting internal or external customers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a pleasant telephone manner
- Detail oriented and demonstrated accuracy with the work involved
- Ability to work independently and within a team
Teaching and Research
- Experience working in a Medical Secretary role providing direct support to a Physician with a surgical office
- Experience in booking ORs/working knowledge of SurgiNet
- Experience with Outlook an asset
- Ensures physician productivity by maintaining calendar, scheduling appointments, physician consultations, meetings, conferences and travel
- Maintenance of patient records Preparation of physician correspondence
- Office primary accounting tasks
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: November 19, 2021
Submission deadline: November 25, 2021
Julie Neilans, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.