Ophthalmic Technician, Ivey Eye Institute
- 1 position
Ivey Eye Institute
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
To maintain a premier eye care centre for Southwestern Ontario we need special team oriented individuals. We need people who are enthusiastic about growing and changing in order to help us provide exemplary community service and maintain our renowned academic and research program.
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Successful completion of Ontario Secondary School diploma or equivalent as recognized in the province of Ontario
- Current Ophthalmic Assistant Certificate or willing to complete in 18 months
- Minimum 1 year experience as an Ophthalmic Technician
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to function independently as well as in collaboration with a team
- Ability to work quickly and accurately in a busy environment
- Strong customer service focus
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills and flexibility
- Experience with computer systems
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Excellent knowledge of Ophthalmic Medical Terminology
- Outpatient Clinic or Ambulatory Outpatient clinic experience
- JCAHPO technician certification, Ophthalmic Ultrasound certification, Ophthalmic Photographer certification
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: November 19, 2021
Submission deadline: November 25, 2021
Jennifer Pasichnyk, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.