Physiotherapist, Specialized Geriatric Services
- 1 position
Specialized Geriatric Services
Parkwood Institute Main - London, ON
We require a skilled physiotherapist to provide expert physiotherapy service to clients in Specialized Geriatric Services. Our program services frail elderly clients, as well as adult Musculoskeletal and Amputee patients of all ages. Specialized Geriatric Services includes the: Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation Unit, Geriatric Rehabilitation Unit, Amputee Rehabilitation Unit, Day Hospital, and the Regional Geriatric Program.
- Current registration with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- Experience and demonstrated competency in establishing rehabilitation goals and in the implementation of strategies and protocols for goal attainment
- Demonstrated experience using a patient centered approach
- Capable of working independently as well as collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team setting as well as with case managers, insurance companies and attorneys
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven flexibility and a high level of initiative
- Demonstrated knowledge base in the provision of service to the geriatric population
- Familiarity with outcome measurement related to clinical practice
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate evidence based research into practice
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
Teaching and Research
- Minimum 2 years related experience as a Physiotherapist
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Membership in the Canadian Physiotherapy Association and relevant interest groups
- Experience in both musculoskeletal and geriatric rehabilitation settings
- Working knowledge and experience with theories and principles of guiding adult learning and patient self-management approaches
- Demonstrates initiatives with program development/improvement
- Knowledge of computer systems (e.g. workload measurement, Cerner, Groupwise, Microsoft Office)
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: November 19, 2021
Submission deadline: November 25, 2021
Christine Davison, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.