Posting # 46641 - [ Non-Union ]
Decision Support Specialist, QM & CDS
- 1 position
QM & CDS
Parkwood Institute Main - London, ON
*** REPOSTED ***
Quality Measurement & Clinical Decision Support (QM&CDS) provides leadership and expertise in the development of integrated analytics and methodologies for measurement to support quality and process improvement, patient safety, patient experience, and strategic plan initiatives. Primary sources of data managed by QM&CDS include the Patient Safety Reporting System, Resident Assessment Instruments, the National Rehabilitation Reporting System, and Workload Measurement System, as well as the provincial Case Costing System and Wait Time Information System (WTIS).
As a Specialist in QM&CDS, you will support ongoing development of processes for efficient production of program-based monthly and quarterly reports for performance improvement, operational monitoring and decision making. The Specialist role utilizes knowledge of both enterprise data and specific data sources managed by QM&CDS to provide reports based on multidimensional data cubes and ad-hoc data extracts.
The Specialist role will develop and maintain standard processes and procedures to maximize data quality and compliance, with a focus on the National Rehabilitation System (NRS) and Complex Care Reporting System (CCRS), and is responsible for external submission of data to a variety of external partners, including CIHI databases as well as patient experience survey data.
The Specialist role provides systems administration duties for applications managed by QM&CDS, and has a key role in system upgrades, as well as support to key stakeholders via audit and pro-active, direct follow-up with system users.
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Bachelor's degree in Applied Health Informatics, or Bachelor's degree in social sciences or health sciences with evidence of course work in health informatics.
- 2 year's experience in health care working with health information systems, including experience with data manipulation, analysis, and report development using a variety of tools such as Excel and Tableau
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with specific health information systems such as Cerner enterprise data, CIHI databases and other health care applications
- Knowledge of test plans and demonstrated experience with system administration, application testing, audit and validation principles.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office Suite products and demonstrated advanced knowledge and experience with Excel functions
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal as well as written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy with varied groups of stakeholders including frontline staff, physicians, and administrators
- Ability to work independently and in an interdisciplinary team setting
- Proven organization skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize competing demands
- Demonstrated ability to offer and receive constructive feedback with fellow team members.
- Demonstrated self-awareness and an understanding of personal strengths and weaknesses in pursuit of continuous improvement
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: November 23, 2021
Submission deadline: November 30, 2021
Julie Neilans, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.