Student, HMMS Support
- 1 position
Healthcare Materials Management - London, ON
Temporary Full Time
*** REPOSTED ***
** Temporary position, anticipated to extend until August 31, 2022, subject to the availability of work.
HMMS is a joint venture between St. Joseph's Health Care London and London Health Sciences Centre, that has been operating since 1997 providing consolidated functions of Sourcing, Contract Management, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Logistics, Supply Chain Systems and Inventory Management for the London Hospitals and numerous healthcare organizations throughout Southwestern Ontario.
As a full service supply chain organization, HMMS interacts with over 9,000 suppliers to provide an item catalogue of over 91,000 active items.
Learn more about HMMS through this short online video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=uhi8PSwKTOI.
As a Student in the Supply Chain Technology Department, reporting to the Department Coordinator, you will gain work experience assisting with ongoing educational training and skill development. You will perform a wide array of duties within the Supply Chain Technology Department which will include supporting the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and the Warehouse Management system (WMS) applications.
You will provide customer service, relationship management, development and coaching by building positive client and peer relations by delivering high quality customer service. You will act as a help desk support for users' day to day problems and questions, resolve application or technical questions/ issues that are presented to the team and provide support for issues reported through our HMMS Systems Helpdesk. You will be a liaison between users and Information Technology Business Solutions, as well as, a primary liaison between user and system application vendors.
By taking technical direction from senior staff, you will assist with analyzing, evaluating, implementing, and supporting hardware, software and systems issues. This position will be the key person involved with hardware and software inventory and lifecycle replacement, handling installations, providing support of PCs, laptops, printers and peripherals and conducting software installation and creating software packages for distribution.
In addition, you will help train and support users on new applications, changes and upgrades and/or recommend external training resources and coordinate effective training schedules. You would be involved in the installation, training, support and troubleshooting of wireless warehouse and ERP handhelds, writing technical documentation and manuals and assisting with end user training.
- Enrolled in Post Secondary Supply Chain Operations / Logistics Program
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent as recognized in the province of Ontario
- Highly motivated and determined
- Communication Skills (written, oral)
- Attention to detail
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Works well in team environment or individually
- Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in compliance with the OHSA
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: November 24, 2021
Submission deadline: November 30, 2021
Greg Evens, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.