Purchasing Support Assistant, HMMS
- 1 position
Purchasing - HMMS
Healthcare Materials Management - London, ON
Temporary Full Time
Temporary position, anticipated to extend until March 31, 2022, subject to the availability of work.
HMMS is a joint venture between St. Joseph's Health Care London and London Health Sciences Centre, that has been operating since 1997 providing consolidated functions of Sourcing, Contract Management, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Logistics, Supply Chain Systems and Inventory Management for the London Hospitals and numerous healthcare organizations throughout Southwestern Ontario.
As a full-service supply chain organization, HMMS interacts with over 9,000 suppliers to provide an item catalogue of over 85,000 active items. Learn more about HMMS through this short online video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=uhi8PSwKTOI
As Support Assistant - Purchasing, reporting to the Purchasing Department Coordinator, you are responsible for obtaining approvals and confirmations for goods when invoices are received and the receipt was not processed through the HMMS Receiving Department.
You are responsible for open order follow up by pulling reports from the Allscripts system, requesting updates on delivery from suppliers, updating the HMMS ERP system, communicating to various internal departments, responding to our Customer and facilitating problem solving methods.
In addition, you would be responsible for discrepant invoices and inbound discrepancies. By reaching out to departmental contacts to confirm that goods have been received, processing the receipt in the HMMS Receiving Module, ensuring the tracking information is documented to the purchase order and escalating through signing authority, you will be able to facilitate problem solving with the Buyer, Stakeholder and Supplier.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent as recognized in the province of Ontario
- Post-secondary certificate in related field required (Office Administration, Supply Chain)
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and critical thinking
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with word processing and spreadsheet programs
- Ability to work independently and function as part of a team
- Time management skills
- Ability to self-start and show initiative
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Previous customer service experience in a purchasing, accounts payable, office or retail environment is an asset, but not a requirement.
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine or proof of one dose and a signed commitment to receive a second dose within a specified timeframe, and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: October 13, 2021
Submission deadline: October 19, 2021
Greg Evens, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.