Posting # 46305 - [ UNIFOR ]
Resident Support Aide, Mount Hope
- 16 positions
Mount Hope Centre for Long Term Care - London, ON
Mount Hope is currently hiring for the role of Resident Support Aide. This role will provide assistance to our residents as directed by other members of the Mount Hope team. This position is ideally suited for those who are looking to gain experience in a health care setting and to make a difference in the lives of our long-term care residents.
It is understood that the hours of work reflect the current scheduling arrangements and are subject to change as determined by the Employer.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent as recognized in the province of Ontario
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Ability to perform functions that require heavy lifting, bending, standing, walking, pushing, pulling
- Ability to work in a team environment
- A criminal reference check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- An interest in working with the elderly population
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's, you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine or proof of one dose and a signed commitment to receive a second dose within a specified timeframe, and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: October 13, 2021
Submission deadline: October 19, 2021
Greg Evens, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.