Registered Nurse, Pain Management Program
- 1 position
Pain Management Program
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
Regular Part Time
St. Joseph's Hospital continues to expand its role in the treatment of complex medical and chronic disease, illness prevention, research and education. Our ambulatory medicine teams specialize in the treatment of complex medical and chronic disease conditions with the goal of assisting individuals to reach optimal health and well-being. Our different teams work together to provide patients with comprehensive assessment, diagnosis, disease prevention and management strategies and follow-up care.
A challenging opportunity exists for a self-directed and independent Registered Nurse in the Pain Management Clinic. The incumbent would be responsible for reviewing and making decisions around patient appointments, following up with patients post procedure, conducting a nursing assessment providing various treatments, conducting individual and group patient self-management education and health teaching in the clinic as well as assisting the physician and other team members in clinic.
- Valid registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Valid CPR certificate
- One-year recent experience in an ambulatory care setting
- Two-year recent experience in a medical/surgical setting
- Experience with ECG interpretation
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Demonstrated knowledge in pain assessment and of treatment/medications used, complementary therapies and pain management supports
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of chronic non-malignant pain
- Demonstrated competence in I.V. insertions and phlebotomy skills
- Demonstrated effective communication, collaboration skills and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated initiative and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team setting
- Demonstrated expertise in critical thinking and clinical problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and the teaching of patients, family and caregivers
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine or proof of one dose and a signed commitment to receive a second dose within a specified timeframe, and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: October 08, 2021
Submission deadline: October 14, 2021
Stacy Kearns, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.