Posting # 46295 - [ UNIFOR ]
Attendant, Surgical Day Care
- 1 position
Surgical Day Care
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
It is understood that the hours of work reflect the current scheduling arrangements and are subject to change as determined by the Employer.
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or recognized equivalent in Ontario
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills in English
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Demonstrated organizational ability and self-direction
- Excellent interpersonal, observation and assertiveness skills
- Health and physical condition consistent in heavy lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, walking
- Knowledge of proper body mechanics
- Ability to assist with safe lifting, transferring and ambulation of patients
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset.
- Previous experience in Health care environment, preferably in a PACU/SDCU setting
- Working knowledge of computer systems
- Knowledge of hospital equipment
- Previous experience as an Attendant/Porter
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine or proof of one dose and a signed commitment to receive a second dose within a specified timeframe, and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: October 08, 2021
Submission deadline: October 14, 2021
Jennifer Pasichnyk, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.